
When the East Coast was getting their record snowfall, we in the North were also getting an unusual amount for a single day. Approx. 2 ft reported from Anchorage in places. I woke up to find snow still falling that started at 11pm the night before. Not complaining as the old snow was getting rather dirty.
After checking the forecast and seeing 8 more days were predicted, I did a "scud running" trip to town for a few things so we could hole up. It was an easier trip coming home than going as the snow plows had made it thru most of the main roads by then. Our home is a little over 2 miles from a "main" road so it's usual for it to take extra time to get to our streets. My little jeep chugged right thru.
Was going to let it pile up before getting out the snow plow; but looked up from my book about dark and saw a neighbor plowing our drive. What a nice fellow!!
This morning I decided we really needed a path shoveled out the deck entrance as an emergency exit since it had drifted quite high. on top of the foot or so of old snow that had packed down to ice and had to be chopped away. Also opened up the doorways to the hanger and shop which were blocked from the neighbor's plowing..... and a trail to the trash barrels. Glad to say I got all the absolutely necessary snow removal done before time to watch Super Bowl with husband.
This year is really moving along fast. Only approx. 2 more months of Winter to go.







we love our sunny weather but also love seeing pictures of your snow and Alaska!LL
ReplyDeleteHi Linda,
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to know someone is reading....tho I don't write very often....not a very talkative person at the best of times. I always read yours tho.