Thursday, September 15, 2011

Needed to use this ID to connect with a new friend so figured I really should add a new post to let you know what we have been up to more recently.

The biggest news in 2010 following the last report was I unexpectedly was rushed into surgery for a quad-bypass. Also had cataract surgery on both eyes and diagnosed with severe Sleep Apnea. Now have a matching CPAP machine to husband's. Recovering has taken up most to my time recently.

Having had mostly good health all my life, it was rather strange to find myself too weak and fatigued to keep up with my own housework. Husband sometimes found himself in the role of being caretaker to me for a change. But all is well now - tho stamina hasn't completely returned and I have a lovely new scar from collarbone to belly. I sometimes borrow husband's walker which has a seat I can sit on when I've gone farther than I have breath for. Top half of scar showing above. Eventually hope to get this fixed cosmetically - more recovery - which also needs to include getting rid of a 40 lb weight gain :-(


My little grandson, Nicky, brought his parents up for a visit at Christmas time....and again this summer. They camped out in the motorhome in our hanger. It was such fun having them up. You can see those visit pictures here under January 2011 and June 2011. http://community.webshots.com/user/micneil65

We haven't accomplished much in our shops this year. Not for lack of ideas tho. Our big projects accomplished this year was getting all the pavement sealed topped off, roof repaired from Spring winds and the yard dips filled in so they can be reseeded in the Spring and my jeep repaired and serviced for winter. Fortunately we found others to do this as it has become beyond our capabilities. Believe it's getting close to time to think about selling and moving to a retirement community where major maintenance is someone else' responsibility.

We've had the usual Spring windstorms and Winter snow storms and Summer rains and wildfires but nothing too extreme. It's getting pretty quiet around our house....or maybe just seems so after Nickey's visits :-)

My newest interest is Il Volo....a teenage Italian trio of operatic pop singers. First saw them as 14 & 15 year olds here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZqhww8ADCc&feature=related
Two years older here in Germany after an around-the-world tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Ob5jHgKF4&feature=youtu.be and appearing on American Idol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZvz0pXV48&feature=related. It's been fun watching them grow up and develop their career. Someday hope to make it to one of their concerts. Guess you could say I'm now a Gramma Groupie. LOL

That's about it for this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment